- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
The First and Last of Secession
Address delivered by Hon. Wm. Henry Trescot : in the House of Representatives of South...
Historical Sketch of the Confederate Home and College
Report of a Special Committee of the Senate, of South-Carolina, on the Resolutions...
Marching with Sherman: a Review
The Destruction of Columbia, S.C.
Address Delivered Before the South Carolina Historical Society on Their Twenty-first...
Army Letters of Personne, 1861-1865, number 2
Up from the South: the Old South and the New America
History of Orange Lodge No. 14, A.F.M. During the Civil War Period
A Boy's Recollections of the Red Shirt Campaign of 1876 in South Carolina
Army Letters of Personne, 1861-1865, number 1
The Burning of Columbia
Proceedings of the Great Southern Co-operation and Anti-secession Meeting
The Religious Instruction of the Black Population
Historical Sketch of the First Regiment of South Carolina Artillery (Regulars)
Biography of Daniel Harvey Hill
The Address of the People of South Carolina Assembled in Convention, to the People of...
The Causes of Secession
Prison Life During the Rebellion
Slave-Conversion in South Carolina, 1830-1860
Memoirs of My Four Years in the War Between the States
The South, its Dangers and its Resources: an Address, Delivered at the Celebration of...
Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of South...
James L. Petigru, Lawyer and Citizen