- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Group portrait of two young girls holding bags in front of a store.
Two men walking up from mill, child behind them.
Portrait of Tommy Davenport.
Man in front of car.
Carroll Patterson, Heyward Cooper, and Billy Clevenger on Main Street, Piedmont, S.C.
Woman walking, holding gloves.
Essie Huey and unidentified man near gas pump, on downtown street.
Infant sitting up, drinking from a bottle.
Woman in hat, walking.
Group portrait of two boys.
Group portrait of a man and three boys.
Two children standing in front of house.
Group portrait of a man, woman, girl, and two boys.
Man and woman walking, Prospect Street, Piedmont, S.C.
Mr. and Mrs. League and daughter Ruth walking.
Group portrait of five boys.
Two women walking.
Group portrait of eight boys.
Portrait of Fred Clifford.
Group portrait of two men.
Group portrait of two men sitting on steps, two girls and man standing, Main Street,...
Man behind Dixie store.
Group portrait of Jerry Underwood and three unidentified boys.
Group portrait of four boys on diving board, at end of Transylvania Avenue, Piedmont, S.C.
Portrait of three girls seated on porch swing.