- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Mary Davenport, Zilphia Davenport, and unidentified man walking.
Group portrait of James Waldrop, Ford Waldrop, and ""Funny"" Corbin.
Portrait of ""Son"" Barwick.
People leaving Presbyterian church.
Woman holding baby in white bonnet.
Woman with umbrella and small boy walking.
Man and woman crossing street in front of Suber Drug Co.
Group portrait of Kenneth ""Red"" Smith and unidentified woman.
Woman walking, covering face.
Group portrait of four boys.
Group portrait of two boys on house porch.
Group portrait of three boys and six girls.
Portrait of a boy.
Group portrait of four women.
Group portrait of two girls and one boy.
Three women walking.
Two girls and one man walking.
Group portrait of three boys.
Group portrait of two men.
Portrait of girl holding paper.
Group portrait of ""Ponce"" Boiten and Joe Edd Flemming.
Group portrait of Monroe Parker and two unidentified men.
Three women walking, house in background.
Portrait of Larry Stone.
Portrait of boy standing in front of steps.