- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Boy at ballpark wearing suspenders.
Jeannette Moore and unidentified man walking, Main Street, Piedmont, S.C.
Poss Davis standing with an unidentified man sitting in car.
A man walking from mill.
Unidentified man and and Steve Pack walking.
The Allison sisters walking.
Women walking up street with umbrellas during shift change at mill.
Nettie Porter walking.
Group portrait of Zilphia Taylor, Mary Davenport Taylor with box of Baby Ruths, and Fern.
Two women walking.
Woman in front of Post Office.
Portrait of boy in hat.
Woman walking up from mill.
Group portrait of Dick Hale, Billy Wilson, and James Waldrop.
Portrait of man.
T.W. Rankin, plumber's assistant.
Portrait of Tommy Davenport.
Portrait of Frances Stone Williams.
Man and young girl walking across street.
Group portrait of a man and an infant.
Man diving into river.
Group portrait of Billy Clevenger, Doris and Nettie Reeves, and an unidentified boy and...
Group portrait of a woman and a child.