- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Poem: Peter C. Roberts to Marthia Smith
Rent receipt: John Bowie to Solomon Holland
Note: Willem Tate to Salaman Hollan, requesting that he pay Peter Nonuly five dollars.
Promissory note: G. W. T. Robertson to Benjamin Holland (song lyrics on verso)
Bill of sale: Davis & Morgan to B. P. Holland
Receipt: Gower & Co. Springwood Tannery to B. P. Holland
Bill of sale/receipt: Finlay Bros. Grocers to B. P. Holland
Receipt: Isaac Jams to Solomon holon
R. H. Holland to parents, 25 October 1861
R. H. Holland to J. W. Burditt and wife, 29 March 1862
Bill of sale: Jas. H. Morgan & Co. to B. P. Holland
Bill of sale: John Slattery to Perry Holland
Receipt: T. A. Walker & Bro. to Perry Holland
Letter: Perry [Holland] to Anna [Smith]
Loan agreement: William Jenkins and Solomon Holland
D. Griffith to Benjaman Holland, 11 October 1861
R. H. Holland to William Holland, 17 February 1862
Sharecropping agreement: B. P. Holland and Wm. M. Austin
Receipt: S. P. Burbage to B. P. Holland
Letter: B. P. H. [Benjamin Perry Holland] to [Ethel]
Envelope: addressed to B. P. Holland.
Note: A. Carruth to Soloman Holland, requesting that he pay Ben (?) Jinkins ten dollars
R. H. Holland to B. Holland, 10 September 1861
R. H. Holland to parents, 8 February 1862