- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Letter: Perry [Holland] to Anna [Smith]
Loan agreement: William Jenkins and Solomon Holland
D. Griffith to Benjaman Holland, 11 October 1861
R. H. Holland to William Holland, 17 February 1862
Sharecropping agreement: B. P. Holland and Wm. M. Austin
Receipt: S. P. Burbage to B. P. Holland
Letter: B. P. H. [Benjamin Perry Holland] to [Ethel]
Envelope: addressed to B. P. Holland.
Note: A. Carruth to Soloman Holland, requesting that he pay Ben (?) Jinkins ten dollars
R. H. Holland to B. Holland, 10 September 1861
R. H. Holland to parents, 8 February 1862
Receipt: Gower, Shumate & Reilly to B. P. Holland
Order form: Empire Co-Operative Association, blank
Letter: B. P. H. [Benjamin Perry Holland] to Ethel
Contract: John R. Holland contracted to teach school by B. Holland, N. Bramlett,...
Bill of sale: William Mine[r] to Mr. Hoplin
R. H. Holland to B. Holland, 7 August 1861
R. H. Holland to D. W. Holland, 4 January 1862
Letter: Perry [Holland] to Anna [Holland]
Letter: Empire Co-Operative Association purchasing bureau to B. P. Holland
Letter: [Benjamin Perry Holland] to Ethel
Note: Gorden Shewmak to Solomon Holland, requesting that he pay James (?) Shewmak one...
Tax receipt: S. Holland
A. J. Holland to 'father and mother,' 30 July 1861
Bill of sale/account record: Beattie and Co. to B. P. Holland