- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Plaza Independencia, Montevideo, Uruguay, S. America.
Longfellow's Home, Cambridge, Mass.
Indian Basket Weaving, Prince Edward Island, Canada.
Gap of the Golden Gate, Yellowstone National Park, Wyo.
Tractor with Disc and Tooth Harrows, S. Dak.
Printing Room of Cotton Mills, Lawrence, Mass.
Experts Testing Automobile Engines in a Detroit Plant, Mich.
The Old Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Philadelphia, Pa.
Red Hot Steel Beam Being Cut by Buzz Saw, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Harbor of Algiers, Algeria.
Filling and Sewing Bags of Granulated Sugar, New York City.
The Kapelle Brucke, Lucerne, Switzerland.
Gold Quartz Mining, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Native Market at Port Florence, B.E.A.
The Sphinx and the Second Pyramid, Gizeh, Egypt.
Mer de Glace (Sea of Ice), from the Montanvert, Chamonix, France.
Hennequin, From Which Sisai Fibre is Produced, Yucatan, Mex.
Old and New City Halls and World Building, New York City.
Queenstown Harbor, Ireland.
Stirling Castle, Stirling, Scotland.
The House of Lords, London, England.
Eskimo Girls and Part of Crew S.S. Eric-At Upernavik, Greenland.
Charming Spanish Maiden on Balcony, Guayaquil, Ecuador.