- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Girl strolling in park
Room interior. Two chairs by fire grate.
Woman silhouetted in doorway.
Unidentified woman in garden. Side view.
Leonard Donner sitting at table.
Hunting dogs in the river but still on the trail
Thoroughbred Stallion. "Babcock"
Pacific. South Wimbee Creek
Pauline Donner and dog on Halls Island, gun across her lap
View of Yemassee Junction. Buildings in distance
Horse tethered outside building at Yemassee Junction.
Room interior with family photographs on walls, probably the home of Christopher and...
Boats near boardwalk
Mules working in field
Child laborers with hoes
Workers preparing asparagus fields
Plowing the field
Another view of corn field
Child in a box beside bureau on side porch
Two women, child and dog near well
View from porch of house on Halls Island
Group of unidentified African American children on Halls Island
Children in swimsuits with model boat
Woman in horse trap near stone fence