- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
"The Cross Has Truly Become a 'Shadow of Death' to the Jew," 1881
Ah Rachel I Wud'nt Sthay in Dot Vouter
"Odds and Ends by 'Zim'," 1911
Jews and Christians
Good Man, All That Glitters is Not Gold
What He Put Up
"The Only One Left on Broadway," 1899
"Modern Morals, Two Friends of the Prince," 1870
"The Christian Sabbath on Fifth Avenue," 1896
"The New Sephardic Temple in Vienna," Zirkusgasse Synagoge, December 8, 1888
"The New Synagogue in Heilbronn," September 29, 1877
"Opening of the New Jewish Synagogue, Berlin," Oranienbrugerstrasse Synagogue,...
Synagogue, Frankfurt, Germany
Facing the Portuguese Synagogue, Amsterdam, 1781
Portuguese Synagogue, Amsterdam, circa 1760
Reproduction of a Vaclav Jansa painting of the Old New Synagogue and Jewish town hall,...
"Siebes = Dialect" sheet music
"The Sheeney Undertaker" sheet music
"Le Juif - Errant (The Wandering Jew)" sheet music
Maps from John Foster Carr's Guide to the United States for the Jewish Immigrant, 1912
College of Charleston Libraries
"At The Wailing Wall" sheet music
"Le Juif Errant" sheet music cover
"Le Juif Errant de F. Halevy" sheet music cover