- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Apalachia Cotton Mill one and one half miles from Greer, S.C.
Main Building, Converse College, Spartanburg, S.C.
View of Washington Light Infantry Monument, Cowpens National Battlefield
National Guard - Camp Wadsworth, Spartanburg, S.C.
The Park, Landrum, S.C.
Pacolet Mfg. Co., S.C., June 6, 1907
Two Attractive Cherokee Maidens in Native Costumes
View in Autumn, Showing 'The Loop-Over,' on Newfound Gap Highway, Great Smoky Mountains...
The Reidsville Plant of the American Tobacco Company, Reidsville, N.C.
Administration Building, Clemson, S.C.
Eckerd's Modern Drug Store Located at 1530 Main St., Columbia, S.C.
Sugar cane grinding on a southern plantation
Orange and Grapefruit Packing House in the Sunshine State
Picking Strawberries, Florida
Pageland's Noted Staple, Pageland, S.C.
Cotton Shipping Scene, Galveston, Tex., the first Cotton Export Port of the World
Diorama scene of Eli Whitney and cotton gin
Transportation of cotton by rail
A truckload of cotton in Dixieland
A.C.L. Depot, Loading Cotton, Scranton, S.C.
Cotton Field, World Record For Production per Acre, Bennettsville, Marlboro Co., S.C.
View of cotton workers in Alabama