- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
1864-12-05; Letter from Thomas Moorman (Near Richmond, Va.) to Sallie Fair
1862-01-29; Letter from Kate (Columbia, S.C.) to Sallie Fair [Newberry, S.C.]
1867-09-29; Letter from Robert Fair (Jefferson, Carroll County, Miss.) to Mary Butler...
1892-10-04; Letter from Kate Stewart Rutherford (Newberry, S.C.) to Mary Butler Pope...
1895-05-11; Letter from Mary Fair McClintock (Women's College, Baltimore, Md.) to...
undated; Letter from Fannie H. Trenholm [Charleston, S.C.] to [Sallie Fair]
1892-12-25; From Mary Butler Pope (Baltimore, Md.) to Y. J. Pope
undated; Account [for Sallie Fair by Fannie H. Trenholm (Charleston, S.C.)]
1893-10-13; Letter from Mary Law (Baltimore, Md.) to Kate Stewart Rutherford (Newberry,...
1860-12-01; Letter from Fannie Boyce (Sabine Farm) to Sallie Fair
undated; Envelope addressed to Miss Sallie H. Fair, unattached to letter
1861-05-01; Letter from Sallie Fair (Laura's Room) [Newberry, S.C.] to W. D. Rutherford
undated; Envelope addressed to W. D. Rutherford, unattached to letter
1862-01-27; Letter from W. D. Rutherford (Camp Orr) to Sallie Fair [Newberry, S.C.]
1867-04-09; Letter from Elizabeth[?] (Mamosa Dale) [Ala.] to Sallie Fair
1893-02-11; Letter from May (Williamston, S.C.) to Mary Butler Pope (Baltimore, Md.)
1862-02-06; Envelope addressed to Miss [Sallie?] Fair, unattached to letter
undated; Envelope addressed to Mrs. W. D. Rutherford (torn), unattached to letter
1874-12-03; Note of Congratulations from the "Bar of Newberry" [Newberry, S.C.]
undated; Envelope addressed to Mrs. W. D. Rutherford [Sallie Fair], unattached to letter
1864-08-30; From Sallie Fair (Newberry, S.C.) To W. D. Rutherford Rutherford
1862-04-00; From W. D. Rutherford (Unknown location) To Sallie Fair Rutherford
1892-11-27; From Flora Wiley (Columbia, S.C.) To Mary Butler Pope
1861-05-02; From W. D. Rutherford (Camp Ruffin) To Sallie Fair
1859-11-23; Receipt for payment of 1859 account of Simeon Fair (Newberry, S.C.)