- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Letter, October 8, 1971, Earle E. Morris, Jr. to I. D. Newman
Letter, February 15, 1985, I. D. Newman to James W. Johnston, Jr.
I. D. Newman standing outside the Hall of the States, Washington, D.C.
Letter, c. 1980, Donald L. Fowler to I. D. Newman
21 people around table.
Travel Reimbursement, May 27, 1968
Letter, July 23, 1985, William Jennings Bryan Dorn to I. D. Newman
Four unidentified women outside of unidentified building (a)
23 men standing in front of building
Letter, June 29, 1981, Luke Johnakin to I. D. Newman
Invocation, November 26, 1985, Senate Chamber Memorial Service
Letter, December 22, 1975, P. Redrow to I. D. Newman
S.C. NAACP Annual Convention at Trinity Baptist Church, Florence, S.C., 1949
Letter, October 21, 1985, Carroll A. Campbell, Jr. to Anne Newman
Letter, 1954, A. B. Jordan to Sumter County cotton producers
Sanctuary of Mt. Zion United Methodist Church as seen from chancel, c. 1979
Letter, October 1, 1969, O. J. Nelson and Fred M. Reese, Jr. to Dear Friend
Letter, January 19, 1982, Isadore E. Lourie to I.D. Newman
Letter, June 12, 1963, Howard G. McClain to I. D. Newman
From left: Anne P. Newman, I. D. Newman, and three unidentified people
Letter, October 24, 1985, Bill Vines to Anne Newman
Anne Newman as May Queen at Claflin
Appointment Book, 1961
Appointment Book, 1978
Appointment Book, 1962b