- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Memorandum, September 27, 1984, Jim Fields to Linda Shirley
Official Roll and Attendance Record, 1985
Letter, March 1, 1985, Catherine Taylor McConnell to I. D. Newman
Partial lyrics for "And must I be to judgement brought" and "And am I born to die?"
Letter, June 7, 1981, L. C. Bryan to I. D. Newman
Letter, October 24, 1983, Sarah C. Shuptrine to I. D. Newman
Letter, March 12, 1984, John S. Taylor, Jr. to Jack Meadows [Meadors]
Program, March 26, 1983, Rural Rededication Day
Letter, n.d., Newman for Senate to Fellow Christians
Speech, n.d., Notes on various topics
Press Release, September 13, 1983, Primary Win
Minutes, March 28, 1983, Meadow Lake New Church Project
History of the Batesburg SC Branch NAACP of Lexington County, c. 1964
Letter, January 6, 1976, D. Gage to I. D. Newman
Letter, December 9, 1980, Patrick B. Harris to I. D. Newman
Nancy Stevenson and I. D. Newman (a)
Letter, July 28, 1981, James C. Leventis to I. D. Newman
Midcom Corporation, c. 1981, Community Leader Checklist
Letter, April 1, 1964, A. P. Williams to I. D. Newman
Letter, April 9, 1969, Dennis R. Fletcher to I. D. Newman
Lurma Rackley (left) and her mother, Dr. Gloria Blackwell, Orangeburg, S.C.
Letter, April 26, 1963, Juanita C. Mints to I. D. Newman
Letter, July 20, 1982, Richard W. Riley to I. D. Newman
Letter, April 7, 1983, CeCe Byers-Johnson to I. D. Newman
Mary L. Holman