- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Letter, February 5, 1986, Charles R. Stephens to Anne Newman
Appointment Book, 1962
Appointment Book, 1984
Appointment Book, 1963
Appointment Book, 1960
Sermon, Sunday June 24, 1945, Trinity Methodist Church
Sermon, April 18, 1943, Palm Sunday, based on Matthew 21:10
Notes on poverty statistics
Speech disputing the argument that the ruling in Brown v. Board of Education violated...
Passages on the rewards of doing good
Sermon, January 16, 1944, State College Vespers, "Sailing with the Savior on Life's Sea"
Sermon comparing the declining Roman Empire and the modern US
Sermon, partial reference to Mark 2:3
Sermon based on 1 Samuel 10:26, on the need for "men of action" to make changes in society
Sermon, December 11, 1977, "What's In a Name"
Sermon, "A Meditation" for the 1979 World Day of Prayer
Sermon, Easter Sunday, April 6, 1958, "Tragedy a Prelude to Triumph"
Speech on ministerial leadership
Speech, Advocating support of elderly South Carolina residents
Sermon, February 10, 1980, based on Philippians 4:8
Speech to graduating students
Sermon, May 8, 1983, "Duty and Woman"
Sermon, July 24, 1977, Psalms 61:1-3a
Sermon, February 16, 1958, "Every-Day Faithfulness"
Sermon, September 28, 1947, "Disregarded Signals"