- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Diary entry for September 24, 1974
Diary entry for June 30, 1971
Foreword by West for Stan Graff's So You Want to Play Golf, and "The Governor's Golf...
Letter to Arthur Wilcox, editor of the Charleston Evening Post, on foreign industry in...
Letter listing ten most influential South Carolinians of the twentieth century
Inaugural address, 1971
Letters of recommendation for I. DeQuincey Newman
Letters of resignation to President Reagan and Secretary of State-designate Alexander...
West throws his hat in the ring for lieutenant governor
Letter to Harry Avinger of Orangeburg on SC State College students' petition
Letter to Dee Workman
Letter of recommendation for Marshall Mays
Diary entry for August 8, 1978
Diary entry for July 26, 1977
Responses to questionnaire from Al-Jazeera
Campaign speech, Lieutenant Governor's race
Report to President Jimmy Carter
Reports to President Jimmy Carter and Secretary of State Cyrus Vance
Letters of introduction from West for James B. Edwards and Zaki Yamani
"Policy-Making in Foreign Policy (an insider's interpretation)"
Letter to Congressman William Jennings Bryan Dorn on race relations
Letter to Governor Ernest F. Hollings on prospective industries for Kershaw County
Letter to Charles E. Daniel on industrial training bill
Diary entries for February 3-5, 1972