- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Diary entry for March 17, 1981
Diary entries for October 30-November 5, 1980
Diary entry for August 1, 1977
Letters between West and state senator James P. Stevens
Report to President Jimmy Carter
Letter to Thomas K. Johnstone, Jr. of Greenville on health care
"Don't Forget to Pack the Grits!"
Statement on ineligibility of Charles D. "Pug" Ravenel to run for governor of South...
Legislative Report assessing the potential 1958 SC gubernatorial candidates
Letter to Harrison Jenkins, of the Columbia Record, on a column about West
Letter to James R. Giles, high school student, on the "Ten Wonders of South Carolina"
Diary entry for September 24, 1974
Diary entry for June 30, 1971
Foreword by West for Stan Graff's So You Want to Play Golf, and "The Governor's Golf...
Letter to Arthur Wilcox, editor of the Charleston Evening Post, on foreign industry in...
Letter listing ten most influential South Carolinians of the twentieth century
Inaugural address, 1971
Letters of recommendation for I. DeQuincey Newman
Letters of resignation to President Reagan and Secretary of State-designate Alexander...
West throws his hat in the ring for lieutenant governor
Letter to Harry Avinger of Orangeburg on SC State College students' petition
Letter to Dee Workman
Letter of recommendation for Marshall Mays
Diary entry for August 8, 1978