- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
[Letter concerning the four companies of Col. Edwards' regiment]
[Letter to Major D. R. Jones]
[Copy of "Report of Board of Survey appointed to examine Fresh Beef in the possession...
[Letter concerning corn on Chisholm's Island]
The Bravest, the Tenderest [newspaper clipping]
[Letter concerning Pemberton's imminent review of Col. Jones's regiment]
[Letter concerning General Order No. 30 and sick leave]
[Letter concerning "order relating to substitutes Dated October 20th 1861"]
[Receipt for $2000 from Gov. Pickens]
The Battle of Fredericksburg [newspaper clipping of poem]
[Letter to Gov. Pickens concerning the ordinance establishing a "Council of Safety"]
[Circular ordering the inspection of arms and ammunition]
Report of position and strength of Siege train under command of Lt. Col. Huger
To the honorable the President & Members of the Board of Trustees
[Answer to letter concerning request for surgeon]
[Letter to Maxcy Gregg from William B. Guerard]
[List of the forces constituting the 2nd Brigade of the 4th Military District, S.C.]
[Letter requiring obedience to Circular Order of 31 Dec.]
[Letter requesting a surgeon at Camp Scott : forwarded with notes by Maxcy Gregg]
[Letter to Lt. Col. Richard Stoddert Ewell]
Directions concerning the posting of Pickets on the advance
[Inquiry into the amount of cattle and sheep to be obtained]
[Letter signed "Personne" with enclosed moss and leaf "from the spot where Gen. Maxcy...
[Letter concerning authority of Commanders of Brigade to discharge on Surgeon's...
Maxcy Gregg [newspaper clipping of poem]