- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only entries containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"
Etheredge Motor Company 1214 Main Street ca. 1905
Congaree Hotel 1001 Main Street
Richland County Court House Washington at Sumpter 1905
Rutledge College USC 1979
Black Bottom area northwest Columbia 1924
House of Representatives
Woodrow Wilson's Boyhood Home, 1705 Hampton Street
South Carolina National Bank, 1241 Main Street.
NE Corner Gervais and Sumter, 4:00 p.m., Nov. 1972
South Elevation Robert Mills House, a National Historic Landmark
NE Corner Gervais and Sumter, 7:30 a.m. Nov. 24, 1971
Arsenal Hill Community Center, 1802 Lincoln Street 1967
City Hall Opera House and Columbia Theatre, Main at Gervais Street, 1906
View North on Main Street from State House Dome
Arsenal Hill Community Center 1802 Lincoln Street 1967
Old Log Cabin built ca. 1756 on spot which later became 3225 River Drive
City Market 1400 Assembly St. Early 1900's
Trinity Cathedral 1100 Sumter Street 1980
Looking up at the State House Dome 1979
Columbia City Hall Main at Laurel Street, 1969
US Court House and Post Office, Main at Laurel St. 1905
Columbia Post Office
McCutcheon South Carolina College
Niernsee's State House was designed for a tall, square tower.